torsdag 24 september 2009

Bookcase - looking all brand new





So I got this bookcase from my dear friends Kristian and Kalle a while back. It was quite beaten up when I saw it at first and I wasn´t at all sure what to do with it.

One of this season's big trends is tartans. I have always had a soft spot for Scottish tartans, something that started out with an old book I happened to come across at an auction once. So I went to Tapetorama and checked what they had in stock and came back with the perfect wallpaper from Lewis & Wood: Tartan Hunting Green. I matched that with a paint called Charleston Grey from Farrow & Ball. I chose to paint most of the bookcase apart from the back which I wallpapered, the sliding door which got to keep its grassy feel and the legs which I just sanded and oiled.

Voilà! I am proud to say that it is finally finished.

1 kommentar: